If your goal is to stay home and “make money online”; it is imperative to know not only where to start but what strategy you will be employing for success.
I know it is a daunting experience taking on a new venture especially one where you are subjected to a daily dose of emails purporting the best opportunity for making money online. This is par for the course so just brace yourself and don’t expect money to miraculously pour into your bank account by the next morning. It will not happen and if I were to guarantee anything at all in this arena that would be it. You have about as much chance of becoming an overnight success within the online space as you have of winning the lottery.
The lottery may actually be a better way to go as all you need to know is where to buy a ticket and all you need to do is buy one and then wait for the numbers. It is a bit different online as the price to play is generally more than a dollar and could run into the thousands just to get started. This is all before you actually know much about the opportunity you are buying into and what will be involved for you to be successful. In most cases it will involve some up-sells and you will need to spend money for any tools of the trade you will need (auto-responders, page/funnel builders, tracking programs, etc…). Then you will need to invest in some form of advertising to get whatever you are selling in front of the folks like you looking for an opportunity to also make money online.
Here is where the fun begins and not knowing where to start or having a clear strategy on the path forward after you start will make you or break you. One other guarantee I can give you is that if you do not start you will not succeed, in other words ” No Risk; No Reward” is the mantra in this business. Believe me there is a ton of risk starting with finding an opportunity. Don’t believe me, just Google “Make Money Online” and you will see immediately what you are dealing with. Opportunities in the make money from home space run the gambit from affiliate marketing, info marketing, network marketing, to marketing your own products. The results will overwhelm you to say the least at the time of this posting it was in the millions. My advice on where to start is to remember a couple of old adages “all that glitters is not gold” and “if it sounds too good to be true it probably is”. I know this is not what most of us want to hear when we are excited about the prospect of making money from the comfort of our living room couch. Unfortunately it is the sad truth but I do not tell you this to discourage you in any way. Just want you to be careful and proceed with caution (buyer beware).
There are a lot of great programs out there and many of them will work for you but only if you do the work (remember the strategy for success?) I said you would need. You will also need to invest in proper tools/programs and advertising as well. The key is committing to a program once you have identified one and do your due diligence before jumping in with both feet. Here is what I would recommend you look for in any make money online opportunity I would consider joining.
- Find an opportunity that has a “Start Here Section” That provides a step by step set-up procedure to guide you.
- Determine if there is additional support and training videos available to help you when you get stuck (you will get stuck)
- Find out if the opportunity has some type of mentor to help and motivate you (google the mentor; hint, hint)
- Try to establish what the overall cost will be to join the opportunity (don’t just rely on the cost to join to determine your overall investment)
- Find an opportunity that offers multiple streams of income if possible (don’t put all your eggs in one basket)
- Most importantly find an opportunity where members are making money (remember if someone is making money with that opportunity; YOU can make money as well); albeit not without putting in the sweat equity (work).
- Last but not least do not expect overnight success and if that is what they are offering walk away (reality check; in most cases 90 days is a realistic time frame to see any significant results.
You probably established by now that there is an over abundance of opportunities to make money online. In addition; there are probably an over abundance of opportunities to fail; probably more than there are for success. Having said all that the rewards if you find a viable opportunity and you put in the hard work and commit to doing what it takes to be successful you will eventually realize your dreams of making money online. Here is a shortcut I took.